Australia Awards applicants must meet all eligibility requirements detailed in the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook available at: http://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships-policy-handbook.aspx
In addition to these global eligibility requirements, applicants from Cambodia must also meet the following country-specific conditions:
- be a citizen of Cambodia (only)
- be a resident of Cambodia for a period of 24 months immediately prior to 1 February 2018 (i.e. the day applications open) other than for short absences related to employment, professional development or holidays
- have at least 24 months full-time (or part-time equivalent) work experience *1
- declare all previous study undertaken irrespective of whether it is complete or incomplete or undertaken within Cambodia or another country *2
- provide all of the required supporting documents listed on page 6.
Masters level applicants must:
- have an English language proficiency of at least an IELTS score of 5.5 overall with no sub-band less than 5.0 (or TOEFL equivalent).
i. for the purpose of this application, IELTS (or TOEFL) test results must have been obtained after 1 January 2017
ii. applicants without a current IELTS (or TOEFL) test result may be invited to take an IELTS test after applications have been submitted.
- satisfy the admission requirements of the selected university of study.
i. in most cases, the applicant must hold a Bachelor degree, considered equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree; or
ii. in some exceptional circumstances, an applicant may be able to satisfy admission requirements without a Bachelor degree. If this is the case, the applicant must provide a Letter of Offer (for study in 2019 or 2020) for their first preferred course and university. This must be submitted as part of their Australia Awards Scholarship application. *3
PhD level applicants must:
- have an English language proficiency of at least an IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no sub-band less than 6.0 (or TOEFL equivalent) at the time of application
i. for the purpose of this application, an IELTS (or TOEFL) test result must have been obtained after 30 April 2017
- provide an Unconditional Letter of Offer from the intended University and two referee reports (refer requirements under Supporting documents).
*1. Irrespective of when work experience was attained. Paid internships are considered as work experience/employment. Work experience is calculated up to 15 April 2018 (closing date of applications). Work experience can be a combination of part-time experience/employment, so long as the full-time equivalency (of 24 months) can be readily calculated and evidenced.
*2. Preference may be given to applicants who do not already have a Master degree from another country (other than Cambodia).
*3. Applicants holding a Bachelor degree are NOT required to provide a Letter of Offer.